OAK LEVEL – Two homes, two storage structures and a vacant hotel were damaged in a fire Monday around 2 PM. The fire started in a home on Virginia Avenue in the Oak Level community of Henry County.
Henry County Public Safety Director Matt Tatum said all indications point to a heat lamp on a back porch to be the accidental cause of the fire.
No one was injured. Nine people were displaced by the fire and were assisted by the American Red Cross.
Collinsville Volunteer Fire Department, Bassett Volunteer Fire Company, Inc., Bassett Rescue Squad, Fieldale Volunteer Fire Company, Dyer Store Volunteer Fire Department, Ridgeway District Volunteer Fire Department and Henry County Public Safety from Henry County responded.
From Franklin County, Fork Mountain Volunteer Fire Department, Rocky Mount Fire Department, Snow Creek Rescue Squad, Henry Volunteer Fire Department and Franklin County Public Safety responded.