top of page

Man suffers burns in Ridgeway house fire

RIDGEWAY, VA – A Ridgeway fire injured one person and damaged a house on Monday afternoon.

Ridgeway and Horsepasture volunteer firefighters were dispatched to the fire in the 100 block of Luther Street at 3:20 p.m.

Once there, they discovered a fire in the basement of the home.

The fire sent the man to the hospital with minor burns to his face.

Henry County Assistant Fire Marshal Kiah Cooper tells BTW21 News the cause of the blaze was accidental.

“Gasoline vapor in an enclosed area with an ignition source. I was told that he was working on a motorcycle in the basement,” Cooper added.

In addition to the fire departments, the Henry County Department of Public Safety and Ridgeway District Volunteer Rescue Squad responded to the scene.

1,570 views0 comments


bottom of page