top of page

Improperly discarded smoking materials cause fire at Martinsville apartment complex

MARTINSVILLE, VA – Multiple agencies responded to a fire at an apartment complex on East Church Street in Martinsville on Saturday.

Firefighters were dispatched to the fire at Church Street Square apartment at 7:19 p.m.

“Looking like accidental with most likely cause being improperly discarding of smoking materials,” Martinsville Fire Chief and Fire Marshal Ted Anderson told BTW21 News.

Anderson said there was fire damage to one apartment and water damage to another.

No one was hurt, but one person was displaced.

The Collinsville Volunteer Fire Department, Henry County Department of Public Safety, the Martinsville Police Department and Martinsville Electric Department assisted Martinsville Fire & EMS.

896 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page