top of page
Search

Grease in vent caused Burger King fire, Collinsville Chief says




COLLINSVILLE, VA – The Burger King in Collinsville is closed after a fire started in the roof of the building on Sunday night.


Shortly before 9 p.m., the Collinsville Volunteer Fire Department was called to the restaurant on Virginia Avenue for a smoke investigation.


“Once crews arrived on scene, there was fire showing from the vent on top of the building. Looks like maybe the grease had caught fire around it and the fire traveled down through wall a little bit up to the top of that on the roof,” Collinsville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tyler Beam told BTW21 News at the scene.


The Fieldale Volunteer Fire Company was then called to assist with the blaze.


The Chief said there was some water and smoke damage, but no fire damage to the interior of the restaurant.


The Henry County Department of Public Safety, Henry County Sheriff's Office, Virginia State Police and AEP also responded.


No one was hurt during the incident.

1,731 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page