Search

UPDATE: Martinsville family displaced after grease fire damages home



MARTINSVILLE – A mother and her son were displaced after their home caught fire Thursday.

The fire started in the 1100 block of Banner Street around 7:05 PM.

The son was frying chicken when he walked away and the grease caught fire, according to Martinsville Fire and EMS officials.

Both the mother and son were able to make it out of the home. First responders treated the mother for smoke inhalation. 

Officals say the kitchen and basement suffered smoke and water damage. 

Martinsville Police, Collinsville Volunteer Fire Department and Henry County Public Safety also responded.

The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.



0 views

Regular office hours are

Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM

Watch us 24/7 on

 Comcacst Cable 21

276-647-9289

276-647-2000

2670 Virginia Avenue,
Collinsville, VA 24078

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White YouTube Icon

© 2020 by BTW21, INC. All rights reserved.