top of page

Fire destroys Clarence's food storage unit

RIDGEWAY – Tuesday afternoon, a fire destroyed Clarence's Steak & Seafood House storage unit, which is located next to the restaurant. The storage unit contained Clarence's food products and was deemed a total loss. The restaurant is closed until instructions are given by their insurance company. The only damage to the restaurant building was done to some of the awning. Heavy smoke smell was present inside the steak and seafood house, but no smoke damage was detected.

Volunteers from Ridgeway and Horsepasture District Volunteer Fire Departments along with Henry County Public Safety responded to the fire. Due to temperatures passing 90 degrees, Clarence's employees handed out cups of iced tea to the volunteer fire and rescue personnel.

2,760 views0 comments


bottom of page