Search

Fire at Martinsville laundromat determined to be accidental, caused by clothes dryer



A little over an hour after the first fire was received, crew members were dispatched to a second fire while still on the scene of the Glendale Street fire.


At 10:37 pm, smoke was reported coming from a laundromat located in the 900 block of East Church Street.


Martinsville Fire & EMS was able to release their ladder truck from the Glendale site along with assistance from one fire engine from Dyer’s Store Volunteer Fire Department that had supplied mutual aide.


First arriving firefighters found smoke billowing from the structure with heavy smoke and flames inside.


This fire was under control within approximately 30 minutes.


Fire Chief/Fire Marshal Ted Anderson determined this fire to be accidental in nature with the cause being related to a clothes dryer. Damages were estimated at $17,000.




85 views

Regular office hours are

Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM

Watch us 24/7 on

 Comcacst Cable 21

276-647-9289

276-647-2000

2670 Virginia Avenue,
Collinsville, VA 24078

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White YouTube Icon

© 2020 by BTW21, INC. All rights reserved.