Search

UPDATE: Bassett house fire likely caused by an appliance

Updated: Jul 1, 2019



BASSETT – A fire that left two people without a home Sunday morning was likely caused by an appliance.


Henry County Assistant Fire Marshal Kiah Cooper says the fire may have been started by something from the washer and dryer.


Crews responded to the 4400 block of Oak Level Road just before 5 AM.


Upon arrival, firefighters found the home completely engulfed in flames.


The fire was put out in about 45 minutes with none of the home left standing.


According to Cooper, the damages caused by the fire are about $100,000.


The owners were not home when the fire started.

3,373 views

Regular office hours are

Monday - Friday 9 AM - 4 PM

Watch us 24/7 on

 Comcacst Cable 21

276-647-9289

934 Memorial Blvd N, Martinsville, VA 24112

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White YouTube Icon

© 2021 BY BTW21, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.